Technical Session Topics and Presenters
Please allow a few minutes for the Power Point presentations to load.
- “Energy Research-Technological and Scientific Barriers and Opportunities“; Dr. Tomasz Wiltowski; SIU
- “The Great American Coal Mining Industry“; Mr. Bill Reid, Coal News, Bluefield, WV
- “StacksizerTM for the Coal Industry“; Mr. Paul Brodzik and Dr. Baojie Zhang; Derrick Corporation, Buffalo, NY
- “Analysis and Measurement of Ground Control Stability in Setup Rooms and Gate Roads in an Illinois Longwall Operation“; Dr. Y.Paul Chugh, Mr. Harrold Gurley, Mr. Behrooz Abbasi, Mr. Subhash Bastola and Mr. Corbin Carlton; SIU
- “Construction Aggregate Mining Attitude: Then and Now“; Mr. Gordon M. Stevens, Patrick Engineering and Mr. Joe McGuire, Cessford Construction
- “The Need to Backfill in Coal Mines”; Dr. Sam Spearing; SIU
- “Analysis of Floor Stability in the Illinois Basin Coal Mines ” Dr. Murali Gadde; Peabody Energy
- “Wettability Studies: A Tool to Project Dust Control Issues and Develop Engineering Controls in Coal Mining”; Dr. Kanchan Mondal, Dr. Y.Paul Chugh, Mr. V. Kollipara and Ms. D. Relangi , SIU
- “Aggregate and Industrial Minerals Mine Permitting: A Multidisciplinary Approach”; Mr. Gordon M. Stevens, Patrick Engineering
- “Identifying Optimal Mining Sequences for Continuous Miners“; Dr. Joseph C. Hirschi, ICCI
- “The Impact of Technologies in Mining”; Mr. Terry Vance, Caterpillar Inc.
- “Dry Cleaning of High Sulfur Coal: A Case Study”; Dr. B.K. Parekh, FGX SepTech LLC; Mr. Ron Tschantz, Imperial Technologies; Mr. Joey Pilcher, Eagle River Mining